Through the careful and correct application of design, development and content this
website aims to give all users equal access to information and functionality.
By applying international best practice standards of web accessibility
www.Metropolitan International.com provides for users of all abilities and disabilities. We appreciate
that users of this site have varying needs. We therefore endeavour to ensure that your
interaction with us is as seamless, straightforward and meaningful as possible.
This site provides:
- Resizable fonts: When text and images can be enlarged, it is easier for users with
poor sight to read and understand the content.
- High contrast text: By changing the background colour of the page, superior
clarity is achieved. When links are underlined or differentiated, this ensures that
colour blind users are able to easily identify these areas and make use of them.
- Descriptions on images: When a site is coded using textual equivalents for
images and expressively named links, blind users making use of text-to-speech
software or text-to-Braille hardware are assisted.
- Simplified mark-up: Improves screen reader accuracy for users.
- Navigation layout matches HTML: This assists users with cognitive difficulties
that are making use of screen readers to make reading easier. When pages are
coded so that users can navigate by means of the keyboard alone, or a single
switch access device, this helps users who cannot use a mouse or a standard
- Plain language: When content is written in plain language users with dyslexia
and learning difficulties are better able to understand the content.
When sites are correctly built and maintained, all users can be accommodated while not
impacting on the usability of the site for non-disabled users.